How Find Dropshipping Suppliers
In 2B2BUY we care about our customers, that’s why we present our Top 8 best suppliers in the current market for Dropshippers.
Dropshipping suppliers are not known for their ability to market themselves to their audience so it can be quite hard to find the right dropship suppliers for your company. Be aware that this process could take hours before it bears fruit so have patience. Another thing to consider is that most dropship suppliers are based in China, India and other non-English language native countries so the language barrier could take a little getting used to.
There are a few steps to take to find the right dropshipping supplier for you.
Once you have decided on the products that you would like to sell, research what suppliers are out there and which ones suit your needs best. You might need to chose whether to go with a domestic or overseas supplier depending on the number of suppliers in your chosen product segment which will require more research into raw material sourcing, delivery times, and service potential.
Talk to the supplier that suit your needs and start a relationship with them. Talking to them allows you to ask questions about the service that they provide. They may provide contact information from current customers so you can get first-hand experience of working with the supplier before committing to them. Maintaining a good relationship with your dropshipping suppliers from the very start means that when you start doing business together the trust will make it easier to get questions answered quickly, and disputes resolved straight away.
Order Samples from the Supplier
Once you have chosen your top two or three suppliers to do business with, order samples from them yourself. Test their quality of service, delivery times, packaging, and other supplier-related questions that you may have so you are entirely happy with the choice you make. When your order samples from a dropship supplier yourself you will witness first-hand how your customer will experience it.
Order From the Competition
If one of your competitors are using the same supplier as you then you can find out how the supplier packages their products and offers their services, like custom labeling. If your competitor uses other suppliers you can order from them to get an idea of the level to service you need to provide to rank in line with the competition.
Find the Right Supplier for You
Suppliers can seem great when you look at their reviews and product offering but once you dig into the business they may not suit your audience. This could be because of the raw materials they use, the way they do business, or how they deal with returns. Be sure to talk to suppliers and get to know how they do business before you commit to them. Although you can choose not to use a supplier after issues arise, the damage might have already been done and your brand could have been harmed.
Dropshipping Suppliers to Avoid
It is hard to know which dropship suppliers to choose but there are some tell-tale signs that a supplier is to be avoided at all costs. Apart from bad reviews, negative feedback, and cheap quantity products, there are other factors that can anticipate a bad dropshipping supplier.
- If a dropship supplier insists on monthly or ongoing fees to do business with them this is a bad sign. Ongoing fees could mean a supplier is part of a directory as opposed to a single supplier.
- It is normal to have pre-order fees that increase slightly depending on size or complexity of an order, or decrease with bulk ordering. The research will highlight suppliers that charge higher than normal pre-order fees, which you want to stay away from.
- Minimum order size is another thing to keep in mind when choosing a dropship supplier but most times a supplier is willing to charge the minimum order fee and fulfill orders as they come in. This means that if a supplier’s minimum order size is 200, you must pay for the 200 units upfront but the supplier will fulfill the orders as they come from your online store over a period to time. Suppliers that refuse to do this should be avoided as they are more suited for wholesale.
Best Drop Shipping Companies to Partner With
1. Doba – #1 Drop Shipping Company
Doba is one of the most comprehensive drop shipping services out there.
It not only provides a detailed directory of manufacturers and wholesalers but also offers a platform to simply add the products you want without having to partner with multiple drop shippers.
Typically, you have to partner with 20+ drop shipping suppliers. With Doba you just have to find the product to sell, list them on your site and then start selling!
Doba will contact the supplier and send the product to the customers, removing the hassle of managing drop shippers.
- Doba has one of the largest product offerings that aggregate over 2 million products from nearly 200 suppliers.
- Immediate access to products from hundreds of suppliers.
- Organize lists of products for bulk export to your store or preferred marketplace.
- Email updates about supplier discounts, trending and seasonal products, and new suppliers in the categories that matter most to you.
None in particular.
Costs & Pricing:
Here’s a sneak peak at their pricing:
Doba offers a Basic Package for $29/month.
Their Advanced Package goes for $69/month, which comes with eBay data export and access to elite seller support.
Finally, a Pro package start with $249/month, that is bundled with Amazon data export and batch order updates.
2. Oberlo – Marketplace for eCommerce Products
If you haven’t heard about Oberlo in running your drop shipping business then you haven’t truly been drop shipping.
Oberlo bills itself as the leading marketplace to search and find products to sell online at your Shopify store.
Their platform for Shopify facilitates drop shipping by connecting merchants with suppliers, who then ship products directly to consumers.
- Beautiful, modern user interface.
- Tight integration with Shopify.
- Easy one-click import of AliExpress products.
- Free account gives you a taste of Oberlo.
- Works only with Shopify stores.
- No shipment tracking, fulfillment monitoring or multiple users with free account.
- Only supports AliExpress for now.
Costs and Pricing:
Oberlo offers an amazing free account but you’re limited to 500 products and 50 orders per month.
Paid plans jump to $29.90/month and $79.90/month, allowing you to scale with your sales performance.
3. Dropship Direct– Wholesale Drop Shipping
Dropship Direct offers well over 100,000 items from more than 900 brands. It’s free to use, but access to its Premium WholesaleFiles information is $37.00/month.
This gives you a chance to try it for free, giving you access to its tremendous stock of items.
It’s more like a directory of suppliers. Here, you pick your item to start with, then you can demand to have that thing dispatched to your client.
So, you don’t really need to be in contact with the drop shipper.
Dropship Direct’ cataloging features keeps you up-to-date on the latest trends and new products added to its diverse inventory.
4. Sunrise Wholesale – Wholesale Drop Shipper
Sunrise Wholesale is a service that drop ships products directly to your clients.
You gain access to over 15,000 brand products, and you can search for these products.
Sunrise allows you to export your products — including images and descriptions — to eBay, Amazon and your own website
It even integrates and syncs with Shopify and Big Commerce.
Recently, Sunrise Wholesale partnered with an import company to give it access to a 600,000-square feet warehouse and distribution center.
- Quick and accurate order processing. Service it provides has been recognized with an A+ award by the Better Business Bureau.
- Every account comes with a free eBay Listing Wizard and Research Tool. This makes selling on eBay a cinch.
- You also get access to Amazon Selling and Research Manager. This comes handy if you are just starting out.
- Restocking fee is high. You will be charged a 20 per cent restocking fee for non-defective products that your customers return.
- Offers about 15,000 products from 7 suppliers. This may not be enough for you.
Costs & Pricing:
Membership starts from $29.95 per month or $99 annually.
The yearly subscription offers the best value. There are no drop ship fees or minimum order amounts, but you will be charged that same 20 per cent restocking fee for returns.
Sunrise has a free 7-day trial, but you must provide your credit card details.
You may also like – What is Dropshipping? How does Drop shipping work
5. Wholesale 2B – Best Drop Shipping Wholesalers
Wholesale 2B requires you to sign up for a plan, but you don’t get charged anything for simply browsing the product database.
How does it work?
Search for certain items and categories. When you find something to sell just post it on your site for people to buy from you.
Once a customer places an order, the Wholesale 2B site takes a commission and sends the product directly to your customer.
- Access to 1.5 million products!
- Several plans to choose from. Selective plans if you intend to sell on Amazon, eBay or your own stores.
- Built in eCommerce marketplace integrations with Amazon and eBay.
- Real time integration with Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce.
- You can’t contact Wholesale2b by phone or email. You can contact only by raising a ticket, which is quite slow.
- Doesn’t offer much when it comes to analyzing your sales and performance of the products you choose to sell.
Costs & Pricing:
Their pricing is quite complex as they have too many plans.
Here’s a quick look:
- If you want to sell through an online marketplace (eBay or Amazon) then choose either eBay or Amazon plans.
- If you already have a website (Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Zencart) then you can opt for Wholesale2b Dropship feeds. Dropship feeds will provide you with a data feed of products.
- Don’t have a website? No problem, Wholesale2b has a plan where it will build one for you.
6. SaleHoo – Drop Ship Wholesalers
SaleHoo has more of a focus on presenting a detailed directory for companies you can partner with for your business.
They have 8,000+ companies in their network that give you access to over 1.6 million products.
All the 8000+ suppliers are verified by the SaleHoo team, so you can trust them for quality and other factors.
- The best part about SaleHoo is the community around it. SaleHoo manages a routine blog and forum so you can learn and chat with others who are just like you.
- You can use the Market Research Lab to find which types of products are more likely to bring you higher profits.
- Good support.
- No free trial, though they have a 60-day money back guarantee.
- Training can be overwhelming.
Costs and Pricing:
$67/ year billed annually.
They have recently changed their pricing plan to just one annual plan. It seems to be one of the cheapest in the market.
One plan gives you access to following:
- Access to SaleHoo Supplier
- Direct access to Market Research Labs
- Access to members forum
- Personal email support
- 60-day money back guarantee
7. Wholesale Central – Drop Shipping Company
The Wholesale Central doesn’t have a great website, but it’s a quite decent tool for filtering through categories like clothing, electronics and leather goods.
Wholesale Central has over 630,332 items listed with 1000+ trusted wholesaleproviders.
The drop shippers are then listed with details for you to click on and view.
When you click through to one of the drop shippers it sends you to the manufacturer’s website, meaning there are no middle men to work though. You will be directly working with manufacturers.
Costs and Pricing:
You can sign up for free. Earlier they had paid plans, but now it’s absolutely free
8. Megagoods – Drop Ship Suppliers
Megagoods is a direct supplier which has simplified the drop shipping model.
They specialize in consumer electronics and video games with more than 45 categories.
It has a large selection of brand names along with fast processing and private label shipping.
- Cheap, one of the lowest monthly subscription fees.
- Despite its low number of products and lack of research tools and other features, this is a low-cost option that could be right if you are interested in specializing in consumer electronics.
- Megagoods offers far less products. It may be the lowest we have reviewed (2000+ products).
- No research tools.
- No website integrations, nor is there integration with eCommerce marketplaces or stores.
Costs and Pricing:
Megagoods offers a 30-day free trial and then paid membership at $14.99 per month.
So, we’ve covered the top 8 drop shipping companies and marketplaces that you need to know about if you’re in the drop shipping business. Pick one according to their strengths in their products, support and integration. Surely, one or two must work for you!